Sunday, May 18, 2008

Attention: Brian Bannister

Stop losing when I start talking about how well the Royals are doing. It makes me look bad, and it hurts my fantasy team. I went against all the naysaying and drafted you despite your previous aversion to striking guys out. You've pitched well most starts, but starts like today's (read: Saturday's, as I'm still awake and the new day doesn't start over until I wake up again, except in the case of saying Happy Birthday to 'Toine when I realized midnight had struck) or that abysmal start at Arlington--which the wind had a lot to do with, in all fairness--make me look bad and make me doubt my team. You're good. You know it. Now show it. I didn't get to watch the game today, so maybe I'm being unfair, but the line doesn't look good. We like you. We want you to succeed.

This one's for you, Brian...

All right, so I read a recap, and I see that maybe I was hard on you. You went six strong and then got hit hard in the seventh. The bullpen has been taxed in these past six games. It's understandable why you went back in with a pitch count at 93 and no signs of deterioration in the previous inning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...