Saturday, January 31, 2009

Musicalia: The Swell Season on "Austin City Limits"

Watching the latest airing of "Austin City Limits" fills me with regret, as I had really hoped to see The Swell Season when they were in Austin over the ACL Festival weekend. This was the first ACL in ages that I'd not attended, but the lineup wasn't that great, and aside from The Swell Season and Beck, I had already seen all of the acts playing that I wanted to see.

But The Swell Season... The Swell Season I had not seen.

Seeing them on Austin City Limits makes me upset that I was unable to procure tickets for their sold out show at the Paramount Theater (or better yet for the taping itself). Their renditions of songs from Once and new songs like, "Low Rising", make me all the more wistful.

Having seen Glen Hansard with The Frames (who still comprise the band), I know exactly what I've missed in a Glen Hansard-led show.

This Austin City Limits recording makes me want more.

P.S. Why are you not in HD on DirecTV, KLRU. I know the show is taped in HD. Not cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...