Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No Mo' Nomo

I'll not even mention the issues that the Royals have in their rotation past Bannister and Greinke right now, choosing instead to focus on why Hideo Nomo is with the club. He's not been particularly impressive. They have better options in AAA. I think it's time to cut him loose. I know it's early, and there is probably the thought somewhere in the front office that having Hideo Nomo may help keep the pipeline to Japanese talent open, but he's been ineffective to say the least. When he came in for Bale* in the 4th, it was a tie game with a man on. Now it's an 8-4 game, and he failed to record an out in the 5th.

*Thus far Bale seems ill-suited for the rotation. I think in their desperation for a left-handed starter, which is certainly a notion I can appreciate, but shoe-horning Bale into that spot does not seem to have worked. While they're still in a good spot, I'd love to see Hochevar get the call and see what he can do. I don't think they can continue to trot John Bale out, who keeps getting worse with every start, without suffering. Meche will likely come around, and Tomko can be serviceable, but Bale is not working.

Make it 9-4 with 2 outs in the 5th. It just doesn't look like Nomo can cut it anymore. I like the guy all right, but he does not belong on this team if he can't get anyone out.

I'm going to take a shower now and hope that this 10-4 game (yes, it's now 10-4 after a grounder squeaked under Grudzielanek's glove with a man on third) has turned for the better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...