Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Reassurances

So I'm pretty sure "True Blood" is not very good. I'll continue watching (largely because the old lady is into vampire fare), but I'm starting to question Alan Ball's vision. The show is riddled with tonal irregularities. Often the acting is awkward. Tara is especially irritating. Almost every actor is unable to affect an accurate Southern accent. Aside from the occasional Bill/Sookie scene, the show is largely bad. I'm holding out a shred of hope but am not optimistic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really can't tell if this is going to turn out to be a good show yet. I think the third and fourth eps are slightly better than the first and second, and some of the characters stop being total walking stereotypes (Tara and Lafayette), but I'm still not sure if it's supposed to be a campy fun romp or a scary time. Quality-wise, it's still better than most dramas on network TV, but Dexter is so much better that it's laughable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...