Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nuggets While Internetting

Here are a couple of things I stumbled across while dinking around to take my mind off of the disappointment that I am now suffering at the hands of that fickle Hurricane Ike that has left Austin merely breezy after forecasters predicted a 100% chance of rain today...

Sarah Palin is a liar. About sports.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with the McCain ad airing during sporting events (maybe other times, too) painting both of them as mavericks that states the Palin was against the Bridge to Nowhere? Seriously. Just bold-faced lying in a nationally televised ad is brazen to say the least.

Another bit from With Leather: this one should appeal to fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and crazy-dancin' D-backs.

What is wrong with the world today?

The first three paragraphs here should explain to you why I'm rapidly losing my mind. And Rany also addresses the Kila Konundrum here.

And I'll end this by stating that the instant I get home today, I'll be watching the tivoed Iowa/Iowa State game. Go Hawks*!

*It's really been hard to see such a quick demise of a solid program. Iowa is only 3 1/2 years removed from finishing the season ranked 8th in the country (Drew Tate's sophomore year, capped off by an Orange Bowl victory over the Chris Leak-helmed Florida Gators with that dramatic last second bomb to Holloway--I think that's who caught that ball). Then we suffered through two progressively worse seasons under Tate and last season in which Ferentz's team was unwatchably bad and should have been sitting at home during bowl season. It's really shocking to have seen a team led by a guy pegged to be a head coach in the NFL every year fall so hard so fast. I will say that Ricky Stanzi moved the ball with confidence last week, something that Jake was unable to do. Maybe he'll be the key to reversing the hard times they've fallen upon...

And then I came across this, totally by chance while clicking on a link to an article on FoxSports. I don't think I've ever been weirded out more than I just was when I saw my friend Sean's visage on an ad on my browser.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...