Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Anniversaries

Since the subject of assholery is so freshly laid to paper, I'll continue on that thread for a moment.

A year ago, September 1st, 2007, I was best man in a wedding for one of my very best friends, John Patrick Weibel. As best man, I was to give a speech.

I don't know that it was particularly good.

It was probably in poor taste.

It wasn't especially nice.

And with the exception of a small segment of the reception hall, it didn't go over well. It was a very Catholic crowd.

Well, Ryan posted a link in the comments section to the file that he's put up on rapidshare. I am by no means advocating the downloading of this file, but if you feel compelled, it is available here.

Take it for what it's worth.

John didn't talk to me for quite a while, and I didn't feel like I should press the matter much, so I let him come back to me on his own terms.

I wish him the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man thanks for remembering my anniversary, and I am being sincere here, I wish there was a font that could convey sincerity. Yeah, I was more embarressed than anything...I really wanted to say something afterward...but yeah not really my thing to do...and I know that the speech was just your way of being heartfelt and such..no worries

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...