Friday, May 4, 2012

Prick Tunes: Johnny Flynn: An Introduction

I'm not sure how many Inconsiderate Prick readers listen to Johnny Flynn, but I'll assume there aren't too many. He's a guy I came across a few years ago, and has pretty much become a regular listen ever since. At some point I wouldn't mind doing more about the connection between Johnny Flynn, Laura Marling, and Mumford & Sons, but I'm in the middle of work and just received a text from Old Man Duggan requesting me post something today.

Here are just a couple songs from his debut A Larum album that he released back in 2008. Check him out...


And here's another one...


My apologies for not doing live versions, but they tend be of poor sound quality when you're playing bars and small clubs and only have people with crappy cameras phones recording. Here's one of Johnny Flynn and Laura Marling singing a version of his "The Water." Enjoy...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...