Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Prick Tunes: Hayes Carll "Stomp and Holler"

Here's another stand-out track that can be found on KMAG YOYO (& Other American Stories), Hayes Carll's fucking rocking 2011 release. If you don't have this album, you are doing yourself a big disservice. It belongs on the very short list of best albums of last year, right along side Tom Waits's Bad As Me, Destroyer's Kaputt, and Bon Iver's puzzlingly named Bon Iver.
This clip is courtesy of IFC and was recorded here in Austin, Hayes Carll's homebase, during SXSW last year at some fake place called the IFC Crossroads House. The best I can tell it was up Brazos from The Driskill. I couldn't even tell you what's normally there. I can guarandamntee that Hayes Carll will be playing about 15 times in Austin during SXSW, but I'll be damned if I get to see one damn show.

Check out his tour dates here because he's probably coming to your neck of the woods soon. I know I'm gonna see what I can do about getting to that Gruene Hall show March 3rd.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...