Friday, November 21, 2008

Random Hearts

As I re-watch "Trapped in the Closet" on IFC, I can't help but wonder why the fuck I haven't gotten around to seeing the second installment. It is so goddamn good. Not that this is news to anyone.

I think my favorite part of "Trapped in the Closet" is when R. Kelly is doing his white girl voice.

It is weird that everyone seems to be strapped in the film.

*************************************************************

If you didn't get the chance to read this, it is probably the best album review I've ever read. Don't forget to get your free Dr. Peppers.

*************************************************************

"The midget faints again"

*************************************************************

A couple days ago, I watched Hustle with fellow Burt Reynolds aficionado, Mark. Pretty good. I loved the longing looks at the calendar of Rome, which brought me back to a simpler time in my life when I first watched the masterpiece Heat. Heat, much like Hustle, was marked with numerous longing looks at Venice.

One weird note on Hustle: Fred Willard was an officer at a desk in the police station about half-way through the film. I'll tell you this, it was weird seeing 1975 Fred Willard.

On a downer note, in the world of Hustle, Burt Reynolds' character, Lt. Phil Gaines, does not live past the end of the film.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

How the hell does Burt Reynolds ever have his character die in a film? He's Burt Fucking Reynolds. Neither Mark nor myself could think of a movie in which Burt was not alive at its end, and honestly I don't like to think of a world without Burt, so this ending disturbed me. As Paul Winfield walked into the airport where Catherine Deneuve was waiting for Burt at the ticket counter, my world was getting turned upside down, and I didn't like how that felt.

*************************************************************

Upon finally seeing the airing of the Iron & Wine Austin City Limits episode, I have to say there was a lot of show cut. I guess I'll have to wait for a potential DVD to come out to see what was truly a great show. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't decide to give him a full hour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...