Monday, November 17, 2008

Affirmation of Faith

Every once in a while you get into a situation in which you unexpectedly get a gut feeling confirmed. Tonight was one of those nights.

For the sake of privacy and anonymity, I will refrain from sharing the details of the conversation I had this evening at the neighborhood watering hole. But if there is one thing that should be abundantly clear to anyone who has spent anytime speaking with me or reading this blog, it is that I am a person who is full of opinions. Obviously, I am fairly excitable.

So over the past few months I have grown to have quite a bit of disdain for a character on a television program. The program is not important, really. What is important is that I happened to find myself in a conversation with someone privy to the inner-workings of this show, and my disdain for the character pales in comparison to the disdain that many have for this person on set. Color Me Badd. Or at least delighted.

See, I like to think that my reaction to a character is really a reaction to the person playing the character. Whether or not there is any actual truth to this belief is more than likely dubious, but it still makes me feel special in some vain way to believe that I am more attuned to these things than the average joe. I am [kind of] sure that this is not true, but this is the first time I've been able to get confirmation that the character I dislike is portrayed by a person that no one seems to like either.

What this means is clear: There is a deeper douchebag within that seeps into the characters that Ray Milland, Kim Cattrall, Ed Westwick, Julia Roberts, Ron Rifkin, and Cameron Diaz play.

And, yeah, I think Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz are probably terrible people. Is someone going to disprove my inklings?

This all also means that James Garner, Kristen Bell, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, and Ben Affleck are fucking awesome.

2 comments:

krdorsey said...

Don't be ridiculous. Of course James Garner and Paul Rudd are fucking awesome. EVERYONE knows that.

Anonymous said...

I miss Veronica Mars....I wonder if any one would be interested in a Veronica Mars movie beside you and me Duggan? Or a Veronica Mars meets Rockford Files movie...again, I think it is safe to say on you and me would be such nerds for that... And by the way I am not sure if it is Kevin Smith or you that has a bigger crush on Ben Affeck..who eats cock?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...