Thursday, July 5, 2012

Prick Tunes: Ray LaMontagne "Henry Nearly Killed Me"

One more good non-OMD selection before the Breaking Bad carnage is released tomorrow.

Ray LaMontagne is an enigma. I've never truly enjoyed an album of his all the way through, but he has produced two of the best songs of the last 10 years with "Trouble" and "You Are the Best Thing". I never quite know if his voice is one of the most amazing I've heard or just a melodic whisper. I do know that his performing style evokes a seriousness and sincerity rarely seen in the music industry. When searching for a LaMontagne song to share--because my closest friend has informed me he is the best live performer he has witnessed, and he has seen a lot of acts, including a private, solo Gregg Allmann gig-- I found it hard to pick a tune that didn't corner Ray in his intimate, indoor, small-venue shell, but thankfully YouTube has everything. Here we have LaMontagne decked out in full There Will Be Blood garb getting down with a harmonica. His guitarist is a bad, bad man.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...