Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Me and Robbie Dupree

Not that I want to bury the House confessional (because I'd like to keep it at the top of this blog forever), but I've got news. Now, you may remember almost a month ago I posted a neat little video for my boy Chad. As you might be able to decipher, both Chad and myself are pretty big fans of Mr. Dupree, and I'm dead serious. I'm not talking in some veiled hipster irony or some duplicitous sarcastic tone here. I own his self-titled 1980 release. If you need a refresher as to why Robbie Dupree reigns supreme, here is just one of the many reasons:



Chad and I have been converting the ignorant for coming up on two years, indoctrinating all to our secret little club.

Last week, I decided to send an email to Mr. Robbie Dupree wishing him a most excellent 2008 and hoping that he may find it in his heart to make an appearance in or around Austin. Out of respect to Robbie, I'll refrain from posting his response. Suffice it to say, we Austinites, or at least Texans, may be able to indulge in a little Dupree delight at some point in the coming year. Cross your fingers, Texas. Cross them all and keep the dream alive.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...