Monday, October 31, 2011

Prick Tunes: "All My Days" by Alexi Murdoch

Last Monday, I was unable to convince TSLF to go to Alexi Murdoch's show at Antone's. Throwing him up in this space doesn't make up for not getting to see him, but I do love this song.

As a lead-up to that show, Murdoch was in studio on KUT (Austin's NPR affiliate). The audio for the appearance can be found here, and there is a downloadable MP3 of the segment at the site. Don't worry, it was in the afternoon, so there's no need to concern yourself over having to listen to John Aeilli talk at a musician you like. Jay Trachtenberg handles the interview and allows Murdoch to talk of his past, knock Los Angeles, and wax philosophical about the songwriter's experience. I can't recommend listening to this enough.

As a primer, here's "All My Days," which was heavily featured in Away We Go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...