Friday, August 5, 2011

Man on Film: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

There's a ton of catching up that needs to be done here, so some of the coming posts might be half-assed.

This is one of the half-assed entries.

I've seen all of these movies. I do not really give a shit about any of them. They're OK for what they are I guess, but I have a hard time caring about the series.

I do feel bad for Daniel Radcliffe because it seems like he is on the fast-track to becoming the next Elijah Wood. Maybe this means he'll get his Wilfred someday. Maybe it will mean stunt casting on Law & Order: UK in ten years.

Oh, I'm supposed to talk about the movie here aren't I? Sorry. So it was all right I guess. People who have read the book recently seemed upset about the movie not doing the book justice. This couldn't matter any less to me.

What does matter to me is how ridiculous the "19 Years Later" sequence was. Ho. Ly. Shit. I guess this was bound to happen if they were dead-set on using the extremely young-looking actors to play themselves as almost-40-year-olds. If ever there were a case to be made for hiring other actors to play characters as adults rather than trying to age them through the magic of the cinema, this would be the closing argument. Fuck me these kids can't be made up to look like 40-year-olds.

The rest of the movie is fine, I suppose. Perhaps eight films worth of build-up isn't capitalized upon in the climactic face-off. There is certainly a sour taste left after that and the "19 years later" nonsense.

Whatever.

Here's the trailer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...