Friday, August 7, 2009

Reading Rainbow: Sacred by Dennis Lehane

Clearly, I've not had a lot of spare time to devote to this creation of mine. This means that almost all of the hits I receive on Inconsiderate Prick are related to Kim Richards--more precisely that hot goddamn picture I found of her on the 'nets circa Meatballs II--something that I hardly consider problematic. If anything it makes me feel like there is this whole society of men between the ages of 25 and 40 who harbor a childhood crush on a young Kim Richards, kinship to Paris Hilton be damned. The weirder thing is that since I found out about the relation, every time I see that socialite I now see the physiological resemblance between the two.

Whatever.

So after that weird baseball book, I read the third book in the Kenzie/Gennaro series, Sacred. As has been the case with the first two books in the series, it was an insanely fast read and compelling throughout. His wry sense of humor comes through in Patrick Kenzie, and his ability to balance that with the morality and brutality of man attains a level of quality not often reached in any medium.

The book was great to put it succinctly. If you want a page-turner that resides in the desirable realm in which the psychologically complex and intense is cut with the ease of a leisurely read, this Lehane series would seem to be your ticket.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...