Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rediscovering the Past: Kim Richards is All the Rage

If there is one fact that has been proven over the past year and a half, it is that America still loves Kim Richards.

You see, every time a Kim Richards movie is on TV, the traffic at this site skyrockets. Meatballs II comes on... 70 hits over an hour and a half.

Now granted the bounce rate of those hits is pretty high, but the fact remains that America's love for Kim Richards is alive and well.

I've let it be known here before, but Kim Richards was one of my first childhood crushes (Alyssa Milano being the other). Something about the Witch Mountain movies caught a hold of my young imagination, and I am definitely inclined to think that much of that was due to the beautiful Kim Richards. Yes, she was probably around 12 when they came out, but I couldn't have been any older than eight or nine at the time, so I'd hardly call this disturbing. Also, even at the age of 12, she had a sexy, smoky element to her voice (happy this time, KRD?). This no doubt affected my raging nine-year-old hormones.

Well, last Tuesday, I had over 300 hits and over 400 page views, something that is highly unusual. Sometimes I'll strike a chord with a Royals blog entry and get 150 hits, but really, who gives a damn about the Royals.

You know what people do give a damn about?

This picture.
And really, who can blame them?

Well, after years shying away from the limelight--electing to raise her children instead of pursuing acting--Kim Richards is back.

Starting October 14th, Kim Richards will be on Bravo's "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," a show that I would not have given a damn about were it not for the involvement of Kim Richards, who is still a stone-cold fox.

Now I would like to say one thing to LA Times blogger, Yvonne Villarreal. I, for one, will only happen to see this show because of Kim Richards, and I don't give a damn that she's Paris Hilton's aunt. Your snide dismissal of her credits (and shocking omission of Tuff Turf--what the fuck is wrong with you @villarealy?) has put you on my shit list. I didn't know who you were before, but I know who you are now.

All right, maybe I'm overreacting, but I just get so angry when people try to marginalize Kim Richards.

I'll defend your honor, Kim, and there are a slew of fans who Google Image search you that would probably do the same.

I can't believe I'm actually going to watch a show on Bravo...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...