Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Diversions: Read Rany Jazayerl's Latest Post

Many of the regular readers of this blog also know that I am a Royals fan. This has me leading life charmed with the duality of watching one of the worst teams in the sport (at least at the Major League level) while reading some of the best writers on the net dedicate their time to this team. One such writer is Rany Jazayerli, a co-founder of Baseball Prospectus and author of Rany on the Royals.

His newest entry is not about the Royals, which will either turn off the readers who flock there for Royals-related content or attract an entirely different subset of internetters. It is about 19th Century Muslim leader Abd al-Kader, and it is fantastic. Do yourselves a favor and read it.

As for me, I've been bogged down with other things, and as such have had other obligations take precedent over the blogging of late. I hope to rectify this soon, as I have a backlog of things to write about including, but not limited to: The A-Team, Predators, The Training Ground by Martin Dugard, a long overdue post about "Justified," and eventually an entry about Midnight's Children (assuming I ever finish it).

Happy reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...